Free Tour in Naupactus

800px-Nafpaktos_old_port

Naupactus or Nafpaktos (Greek: Ναύπακτος, formerly Έπαχτος; Latin: Naupactus; Italian: Lepanto; Turkish: İnebahtı), is a town and a former municipality in Aetolia-Acarnania, West Greece, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform, it has been part of the municipality Nafpaktia, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. It is the third largest town of Aetolia-Acarnania, after Agrinio and Missolonghi.
Naupactus is situated on a bay on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth, 3 km (2 mi) west of the mouth of the river Mornos. The harbour is accessible only to the gradeessaywriter smallest craft. It is 9 km (6 mi) northeast of Antirrio, 18 km (11 mi) northeast of Patras, 35 km (22 mi) east of Missolonghi and 45 km (28 mi) southeast of Agrinio. The Greek National Road 48/E65 (Antirrio – Naupactus – Delphi – Livadeia) passes north of the town.
The 1571 Battle of Lepanto, in which the navy of the Ottoman Turks was decisively defeated by a coalition of European Christians, is named for Naupactus under the Italian form of its name.

Submit comment

Allowed HTML tags: <a href="http://google.com">google</a> <strong>bold</strong> <em>emphasized</em> <code>code</code> <blockquote>
quote
</blockquote>